- About Us
The Wynyard Quarter ‘Urban Design Framework' (UDF) establishes a design-led, site responsive strategy that will guide the redevelopment of this important waterfront site.
Located on a reclaimed peninsula to the west of Auckland's CBD and comprises approximately 20 hectares of waterfront land and maritime structures.
The concept establishes 4 robust and clear design principles that provide contextual connections to Auckland's wider landscape, and strengthen urban connections to existing waterfront activity and the adjacent CBD.
These concepts inform an open space network that provides a highly connected, legible and generous public realm that prioritise waterfront access and reveal the sites industrial and marine heritage.
Built form design guidelines ensure a high quality built environment and diverse program of activities complimentary to existing ‘working waterfront' activities.
A highly integrated network of land and water based public transport will enhance accessibility to and from the quarter.
The UDF provided the basis of ‘Plan Change 4' and amendments to the Auckland Regional Plan: Coastal which have approved and adopted by Auckland City and Auckland Regional Council.
Architectus were initially engaged by Ports of Auckland Ltd to collaborate with Peter Walker and Partners [San Francisco] and BECA - and subsequently by Sea+City Projects Ltd.
- Sea + City Projects Ltd
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Floor area
- Estimated 2015
- Original value
- Patrick Clifford
- NZIA Auckland Architecture Award 2011 – Planning & Urban Design
Also in this category
- 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta - Planning
- Auckland CBD Streetscapes
- Auckland: Lorne St Cultural Precinct
- Auckland: Quay Street
- Auckland: Queen Street
- Baima Lake Master Plan
- Bluewater Quay Mackay
- Bungarribee Precinct Western Sydney Parklands
- Cairns City Centre Master Plan
- Central Sydney Plan
- City of Sydney Heritage DCP
- Crown Street Reservoir Planning Approval
- Eastern Creek Business Hub
- Epping Town Centre Urban Activation Precinct
- Ermington Master Plan
- Green Square Built Form Review
- Guangzhou Nansha Pearl Bay Master Plan
- Hastings Street Streetscape
- Hobsonville The Landing
- James Cook University Discovery Rise
- Karanga Plaza, Wynyard Quarter
- Liverpool River Connections
- Lorne Street Shared Space
- Macquarie Park Plan Review
- Marrickville Urban Strategy
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery Master Plan
- Parramatta CBD Planning Framework Study
- Potts Hill Residential Estate
- Rhodes West Development Control Plan
- Southport Broadwater
- St Vincents Hospital Caritas Planning Approval
- Thornton Park Master Plan
- Ultimo Pyrmont Precinct Plan
- University of NSW Village Student Housing Planning Approval
- Wallarah Peninsula
- Walsh Bay Development Plan
- Wuhu City East
- Wynyard Quarter