- About Us
The Trinity Apartments in Auckland occupy an important corner site opposite the Holy Trinity Cathedral and adjacent to the busy retail heart of Parnell. They are a model of sustainable, medium-density residential development.
The 32 apartments are arranged over six levels in an L-shaped form that provides a continuous street edge whilst protecting an extensive landscaped courtyard and garden.
A lap pool and reflection pond provides evaporative cooling that moderates the temperatures around the building.
The high thermal mass of the building itself, (insitu and pre-cast concrete elements, concrete block work and exposed aggregate panels), also contributes to minimising temperature fluctuations within apartments and to delaying and reducing solar heat gain.
Every apartment includes a private outdoor living area and is designed to maximise natural ventilation and day lighting.
The deep verandahs offer a buffer between the interiors and the street edge; connecting them with the surrounding environment while providing protection from the elements.
A variety of louvres and sunshades; timber shutters to internal courtyards and external sun filter blinds to balcony edges, can be operated by the residents to adjust the amount of sunlight and privacy as desired.
- McConnell International Property Ltd
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Floor area
- 8700 m²
- Original value
- Patrick Clifford
- NZIA Resene Local Award for Architecture 2005
- NZIA Resene New Zealand Award for Architecture 2007
- NZIA Resene Supreme Award for Architecture 2008
Also in this category
- 115 Bathurst Street
- 443 Queen Street
- Australia National University Laurus Wing Modular Student Housing
- Australian National University Mt Stromlo Student Housing
- Avenue House
- Beijing 8 Chang’an
- Byron Bay House
- Clifford-Forsyth House
- Clothiers Creek House
- Dunstan Grove, Lindfield
- Edwards House
- Harbord Diggers Redevelopment
- Highgate Hill House
- House of Orange
- Kerrisdale Gardens Aged Care Community
- Leicester Street Village, University of Melbourne
- Na’s House
- North Eveleigh Affordable Housing
- North Shore House
- Ocean Beach Hotel
- One Queensbridge
- Shout Ridge, Lindfield
- Site 68 Sydney Olympic Park
- Skye Niseko, Hokkaido
- St Lucia House
- Te Horo House
- The Women’s College New Student Accommodation
- Toy Box House
- Trinity Apartments
- University of Newcastle Student Housing
- UNSW Village
- UWS Student Housing
- ‘Islands’ South Beach