- About Us
Shepparton Law Court Redevelopment
The new Shepparton Law Courts seeks to provide an affirmation of the importance of civic architecture in the life of the community both at an architectural and urban level.
Victoria has a rich history of significant country court houses. The court house, along with other public buildings formed a heart from which the regional town centre would evolve. They were built to last for generations and were always fine examples of civic architecture - solid, safe and permanent, and always expressive of the values of that institution and of the community they serve at that moment in time.
The new Shepparton Law Courts Building celebrates that civic importance. Located on the corner of High and Wyndham Streets, it creates a complete Justice Precinct, with the Police Station to the west and the 1930s heritage Supreme Court building in the centre.
The new Shepparton Law Courts Building, with its welcoming entry lobby inspired by the enduring image of the ancient River Red Gum, one that provides shade or shelter, offers the possibility of a gathering place or a meeting place.
Its base is founded on brick - a memory of the older country court houses, and this new five level courts building seeks to provide a contemporary expression for the open and transparent delivery of justice to the Shepparton and wider community.
Over many years we have been engaging with Prof. David Tait through seminars and study tours in respect of the ideas shaping the design of court buildings. On this project we have engaged Prof. Tait to contribute his knowledge and best practise experience to the design.
During the design phase of the Shepparton Law Courts project, a number of courtroom layout typologies were thoroughly investigated by the design team and the various user groups. One of the most effective user engagement procedures was the creation of 1:1 3D space planning prototypes assembled in the premises of a specialist Mock-up Services company: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYG2tIQndzM
- Court Services Victoria
- Shepparton, VIC
- Mark Wilde
Also in this category
- AMI Stadium
- Aotea Square Redevelopment Architectural Elements
- Boroondara Community Health Centre Extension
- Brisbane Powerhouse Refurbishment
- Christchurch New Central Library
- International Criminal Court
- Maanshan Administration Centre, China
- New Lynn Community Centre
- Nunawading Fire Station
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery
- Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law
- Queensland Emergency Operations Centre
- Queensland Gallery of Modern Art
- Shepparton Law Court Redevelopment
- Sydney International Convention Exhibition and Entertainment Precinct
- Waitakere Central Library & UNITEC Facilities
- Waitakere Civic Centre
- Waitakere Civil Defence Headquarters