- About Us
Public Transport Corporation Train Maintenance Facility
Architectus was appointed by Leighton Contractors as the design architects for the new train maintenance and stabling facilities at Westall and Bayswater. These two Public Transport Corporation facilities were part of the suburban relocation of trains from the Jolimont railway yard, formerly one of the largest train stabling yards in the world.
The relocation of train maintenance and stabling facilities to suburban areas made available significant tracts of land for development in the vicinity of Jolimont Road and Federation Square from Flinders Street through to Batman Ave.
The new facilities provide extensive stabling yards and maintenance buildings of approximately 2,850m² at each of the sites. The buildings allow for a range of train maintenance procedures with rail configurations that create easy access from adjacent commuter lines. The buildings are suitably designed to allow for bogie repair and replacement, under carriage and overhead work.
- Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Floor area
- 2850 m²
- Original value
- Mark Wilde
Also in this category
- AVIS Car Rental
- Capital Metro
- Christchurch Bus Interchange
- Gold Coast Light Rail
- King George Square Structures
- Melbourne Airport T2 Expansion
- New Lynn TOD Transit Oriented Development
- Public Transport Corporation Train Maintenance Facility
- Qantas Flight Training Centre, Melbourne
- Queensland Rail Roma St Heritage Building