- About Us
Parliament of Victoria, Legislative Assembly Chamber
Architectus completed a complex refurbishment of the Legislative Assembly Chamber located within Parliament House, Melbourne. The Chamber required works to provide improved member seating, accessability and a new air-conditioning system. Refurbishment works were challenged by a tight construction time-frame, continued building occupation and the significant heritage value of the building and its interiors.
After completing an extensive feasibility study the Architectus scheme was approved by Heritage Victoria. Components of the refurbishment included installing a new set of double doors at the west end of the Chamber, individual ergonomic seating and the latest in communications technology. Great respect was given to the original detailing of the building and incorporated into the new work.
The new air-conditioning system was designed to fit within the existing ducted system in order to have no visual impact.
This upgrade has allowed the Chamber easier access, improved acoustics and a more comfortable environment for members and the public.
- Parliament House
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Floor area
- 200 m²
- Original value
- Ruth Wilson
Also in this category
- 456 Lonsdale Street Lobby, Macquarie Bank
- Architectus Auckland Studio
- Architectus Brisbane Office & Terrace
- Architectus Sydney Studio
- Parliament of Victoria, Legislative Assembly Chamber
- Postgraduate Centre for Training, Townsville
- Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Sydney Commonwealth Parliament Offices