- About Us
King George Square Structures
Architectus have been working with Urbis JHD on Brisbane's most significant civic space. Urbis JHD won the design competition and appointed Architectus to work collaboratively to develop key design themes of a ‘folded floor' and ‘city deck' for King George Square.
Two bus station entries are expressed as folded planes lifted from the square of the floor providing a generous chamber of space as a welcoming arrival experience for bus commuters.
The city deck provides a large viewing platform for events in the square and doubles as a functions space. The structure also houses a café at the ground level and has at grade access from Ann Street.
These structures contribute to Urbis' competition winning vision of a contemporary, activated and animated space.
Also in this category
- AVIS Car Rental
- Capital Metro
- Christchurch Bus Interchange
- Gold Coast Light Rail
- King George Square Structures
- Melbourne Airport T2 Expansion
- New Lynn TOD Transit Oriented Development
- Public Transport Corporation Train Maintenance Facility
- Qantas Flight Training Centre, Melbourne
- Queensland Rail Roma St Heritage Building