- About Us
James Cook University Discovery Rise
Discovery Rise will be an integrated community of living and learning that will set a new benchmark in sustainability and enhance the JCU brand as a leading tropical university.
Discovery Rise is intended to reshape the nature and quality of the James Cook University Townsville campus.
Architectus partnered with consultants The Hornery Institute to develop a preliminary urban plan for Discovery Rise.
The context for this preliminary plan is to assist in the statutory planning process by describing the plans, the built environment and the urban community which will integrate seamlessly with the whole campus and the wider Townsville area.
Discovery Rise will help in the creation of a university town with a distinctively Australian tropical ambience, incorporating energetic academic, social, artistic and commercial environments.
It will be an integrated community of living and learning that will set a new benchmark in sustainability and enhance the JCU brand as a leading tropical university.
The environment created by this new master plan will have the identity and experience of a university town with a leading tropical higher learning institution at its heart. This means that new development occurs in a way that: - Supports a leading tropical university - Creates a vibrant academic, social, artistic and commercial environment - Creates an exemplar of sustainable development - Ensures JCU becomes part of the wider Townsville community
- Australian Institute of Architects 2011 Regional Commendation (North Queensland)
Also in this category
- 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta - Planning
- Auckland CBD Streetscapes
- Auckland: Lorne St Cultural Precinct
- Auckland: Quay Street
- Auckland: Queen Street
- Baima Lake Master Plan
- Bluewater Quay Mackay
- Bungarribee Precinct Western Sydney Parklands
- Cairns City Centre Master Plan
- Central Sydney Plan
- City of Sydney Heritage DCP
- Crown Street Reservoir Planning Approval
- Eastern Creek Business Hub
- Epping Town Centre Urban Activation Precinct
- Ermington Master Plan
- Green Square Built Form Review
- Guangzhou Nansha Pearl Bay Master Plan
- Hastings Street Streetscape
- Hobsonville The Landing
- James Cook University Discovery Rise
- Karanga Plaza, Wynyard Quarter
- Liverpool River Connections
- Lorne Street Shared Space
- Macquarie Park Plan Review
- Marrickville Urban Strategy
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery Master Plan
- Parramatta CBD Planning Framework Study
- Potts Hill Residential Estate
- Rhodes West Development Control Plan
- Southport Broadwater
- St Vincents Hospital Caritas Planning Approval
- Thornton Park Master Plan
- Ultimo Pyrmont Precinct Plan
- University of NSW Village Student Housing Planning Approval
- Wallarah Peninsula
- Walsh Bay Development Plan
- Wuhu City East
- Wynyard Quarter