- About Us
Hobsonville The Landing
The Landing Master Plan provides a vision for the transformation of the historic Hobsonville Airbase hardstand into a vibrant working waterfront and new gateway between the site and the upper Waitemata Harbour.
The Landing is a reclaimed hardstand historically associated with the RNZAF seaplane fleet, hangars and workshop buildings. The Landing will provide a mixed use, waterfront ‘destination' with a range of new uses, marine and recreational infrastructure and working waterfront functions that will complement the peninsula's proposed new communities.
As one of the first development areas it will act as a catalyst for regeneration and urban change for the Peninsula by improving physical linkages and integrating the site and the coastal edge.
The Landing will be a gateway for visitors and a conduit to the harbour for residents of the peninsula whilst also providing deep water access for launching and retrieving vessels for the purpose built Marine Industry precinct adjacent.
The master plan retains the existing character buildings and proposes a new retail/commercial hub and transport interchange on the axis of a new ferry wharf which will provide a high frequency ferry service to the CBD.
Additional mixed-use development will enjoy views of the upper harbour and activate the waterfront promenade and open spaces. The sites constructed coastal edge will be further articulated with new tidal stairs, pontoons and piers for recreational use as well as pontoons, deep water berths and boat launching facilities that will support working waterfront activities.
The master plan also proposes design concepts for the sites 4km of waterfront and coastal edges.
- Hobsonville Land Company
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Floor area
- Patrick Clifford
Also in this category
- 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta - Planning
- Auckland CBD Streetscapes
- Auckland: Lorne St Cultural Precinct
- Auckland: Quay Street
- Auckland: Queen Street
- Baima Lake Master Plan
- Bluewater Quay Mackay
- Bungarribee Precinct Western Sydney Parklands
- Cairns City Centre Master Plan
- Central Sydney Plan
- City of Sydney Heritage DCP
- Crown Street Reservoir Planning Approval
- Eastern Creek Business Hub
- Epping Town Centre Urban Activation Precinct
- Ermington Master Plan
- Green Square Built Form Review
- Guangzhou Nansha Pearl Bay Master Plan
- Hastings Street Streetscape
- Hobsonville The Landing
- James Cook University Discovery Rise
- Karanga Plaza, Wynyard Quarter
- Liverpool River Connections
- Lorne Street Shared Space
- Macquarie Park Plan Review
- Marrickville Urban Strategy
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery Master Plan
- Parramatta CBD Planning Framework Study
- Potts Hill Residential Estate
- Rhodes West Development Control Plan
- Southport Broadwater
- St Vincents Hospital Caritas Planning Approval
- Thornton Park Master Plan
- Ultimo Pyrmont Precinct Plan
- University of NSW Village Student Housing Planning Approval
- Wallarah Peninsula
- Walsh Bay Development Plan
- Wuhu City East
- Wynyard Quarter