- About Us
Hastings Street Streetscape
Architectus was invited by Noosa Shire Council and the Hastings Street Association to participate in a "makeover" of Hastings Street to upgrade its facilities yet retain its character.
The commission involved extensive community consultation, analysis of data and the formulation of a comprehensive design brief, as well as the streetscape design for Hastings Street.
The design emphasises:
- A more pedestrian focused environment through improved traffic management and an increase in pedestrian priority areas.
- Reinforced links and public access to the beach.
- Retaining existing trees to maintain the shade canopy on the street and creating more shade where there are gaps in the existing canopy.
- Creating nodes of artwork/seating/gathering areas to accentuate beach links.
- Reflecting the Noosa ‘sense of place' in the design - casual, beachy, subtropical, relating to natural elements in the landscape.
- Creating a series of differentiated, intimate and informal spaces.
- Noosa Shire Council
- Noosa, Queensland
- Floor area
- Original value
- 2009 AIA Regional Commendation - Sunshine Coast, QLD
Also in this category
- 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta - Planning
- Auckland CBD Streetscapes
- Auckland: Lorne St Cultural Precinct
- Auckland: Quay Street
- Auckland: Queen Street
- Baima Lake Master Plan
- Bluewater Quay Mackay
- Bungarribee Precinct Western Sydney Parklands
- Cairns City Centre Master Plan
- Central Sydney Plan
- City of Sydney Heritage DCP
- Crown Street Reservoir Planning Approval
- Eastern Creek Business Hub
- Epping Town Centre Urban Activation Precinct
- Ermington Master Plan
- Green Square Built Form Review
- Guangzhou Nansha Pearl Bay Master Plan
- Hastings Street Streetscape
- Hobsonville The Landing
- James Cook University Discovery Rise
- Karanga Plaza, Wynyard Quarter
- Liverpool River Connections
- Lorne Street Shared Space
- Macquarie Park Plan Review
- Marrickville Urban Strategy
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery Master Plan
- Parramatta CBD Planning Framework Study
- Potts Hill Residential Estate
- Rhodes West Development Control Plan
- Southport Broadwater
- St Vincents Hospital Caritas Planning Approval
- Thornton Park Master Plan
- Ultimo Pyrmont Precinct Plan
- University of NSW Village Student Housing Planning Approval
- Wallarah Peninsula
- Walsh Bay Development Plan
- Wuhu City East
- Wynyard Quarter