- About Us
Cairns City Centre Master Plan
The Cairns City Centre Master Plan is intended to envisage and promote Cairns as an outstanding and internationally recognised exemplar of Tropical Urbanism.
The main intention of the master plan proposal is to envisage the Cairns City Centre as an outstanding and internationally recognised exemplar of Tropical Urbanism; a place in which the streets, squares and buildings create a verdant, shaded, lush and open environment with a urban character unique to the city.
The master plan focuses on the potential inherent in the greening of Cairns’ grid pattern of broad streets to create new and generous public spaces of high urban quality.
The simple and strong strategy to envisage a landscaped and shaded city centre will be transformational in its effect on the city.
The master plan develops a deeper response to the client’s vision to make Cairns the best regional centre in Australia by highlighting the city’s unique characteristics – its Indigenous, European and multicultural heritage, its creativity, and its close association with Micronesia and South East Asia – all within a tropical context of great natural beauty.
By seeking to reinforce the region’s rich tropical character the master plan establishes a broad but achievable long term strategy that successfully builds on the existing character and potential of the place, integrating the natural and the urban.
- Planning Institute of Australia 2011 - Merit Award
- AIA Regional Commendation 2012 - Far North Queensland
Also in this category
- 169 Macquarie Street Parramatta - Planning
- Auckland CBD Streetscapes
- Auckland: Lorne St Cultural Precinct
- Auckland: Quay Street
- Auckland: Queen Street
- Baima Lake Master Plan
- Bluewater Quay Mackay
- Bungarribee Precinct Western Sydney Parklands
- Cairns City Centre Master Plan
- Central Sydney Plan
- City of Sydney Heritage DCP
- Crown Street Reservoir Planning Approval
- Eastern Creek Business Hub
- Epping Town Centre Urban Activation Precinct
- Ermington Master Plan
- Green Square Built Form Review
- Guangzhou Nansha Pearl Bay Master Plan
- Hastings Street Streetscape
- Hobsonville The Landing
- James Cook University Discovery Rise
- Karanga Plaza, Wynyard Quarter
- Liverpool River Connections
- Lorne Street Shared Space
- Macquarie Park Plan Review
- Marrickville Urban Strategy
- Papua New Guinea National Museum and Art Gallery Master Plan
- Parramatta CBD Planning Framework Study
- Potts Hill Residential Estate
- Rhodes West Development Control Plan
- Southport Broadwater
- St Vincents Hospital Caritas Planning Approval
- Thornton Park Master Plan
- Ultimo Pyrmont Precinct Plan
- University of NSW Village Student Housing Planning Approval
- Wallarah Peninsula
- Walsh Bay Development Plan
- Wuhu City East
- Wynyard Quarter