- About Us
Architectus Brisbane Office & Terrace
Architectus Brisbane has created a very special work place: our garden in the city. Taking advantage of a unique urban circumstance – an elevated garden terrace – Brisbane's office is a light, open, airy place for work, for inspiration, for collaboration, for gathering, for sharing.
Relocation of an operable glass wall has extended the original space, creating a generous ‘collaboration verandah’ on the prime north east face, with direct access to a 700m2 garden terrace. Most of the year these wide, full height doors are open and we work in natural air and light. The outside space will house a meeting pavilion, a children’s play space, many shady spots for gathering and a productive garden that includes vegetables, fruits and herbs.
The work place reflects Architectus Brisbane’s commitment to environmentally and socially responsible place making in the sub-tropical city. It demonstrates, practically, how it can be done. Profound benefits result: broadly in terms of reduced energy consumption and directly in terms of happiness, health and productivity.
- Elizabeth Watson Brown
Also in this category
- 456 Lonsdale Street Lobby, Macquarie Bank
- Architectus Auckland Studio
- Architectus Brisbane Office & Terrace
- Architectus Sydney Studio
- Parliament of Victoria, Legislative Assembly Chamber
- Postgraduate Centre for Training, Townsville
- Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Sydney Commonwealth Parliament Offices