- About Us
Architectus Auckland Studio
"Architectus' new office fitout expresses a sense of order and restraint that perhaps should be of no suprise to anyone familiar with the practice's work"
Architecture NZ 5.2009
After ten years in a CBD fringe warehouse area Architectus Auckland has moved downtown. Taking over a floor of the elegant neo classical South British Insurance Building designed in 1929 by the Architects Grierson Aimer and Draffin.
The lift opens directly out onto a simple foyer area. Subdued lighting, and spare but elegant furnishings provide a calm and purposeful ambience. Three meeting rooms are located off the foyer along with the receptionist.
The main workspace is one big room with 35 workstations. Everyone, from partners to graduates works in the one space. Off the main space are the model making area, kitchen and service spaces. Natural light comes in through the windows along the east and north of the building.
A separate space behind reception, the "special projects" area, can be set up for single large projects or competitions as the need arises.
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Floor area
- Original value
- Michael Thomson
Also in this category
- 456 Lonsdale Street Lobby, Macquarie Bank
- Architectus Auckland Studio
- Architectus Brisbane Office & Terrace
- Architectus Sydney Studio
- Parliament of Victoria, Legislative Assembly Chamber
- Postgraduate Centre for Training, Townsville
- Queensland Industrial Relations Commission
- Sydney Commonwealth Parliament Offices