- About Us
200 George Street, Sydney
The redevelopment of 200 George Street offers the opportunity to create a premium quality work environment, with outstanding views of Sydney Harbour, and to revitalise a neglected part of the city through the creation of a vibrant laneway network with a diversity of uses and experiences.
The tower has been designed to relate positively to views and surrounding tower forms. It subtly follows the curve of George Street and complements the form of Grosvenor Place opposite.
Our proposal creates an active and open ground plane improving east - west connectivity, creating a grand entry to the office foyer and future public square to the east.
The pure geometric pods of the office foyer and retail space calmly rationalise the network of laneways and the complexity of the site geometry.
The commercial lobby is a generous 11 metre high space with excellent exposure to George Street and a secondary aspect to the through-site link and the future public park.
The fully automated closed cavity facade maximises views while the large open floor plates are suitable for a range of tenants and fitouts from the traditional cellular fitout of a legal firm to a contemporary activity based working environment.
The floorplate design:
- Provides large connected floor plates
- Reduces columns in the work area
- Maximises access to views and natural light - 65% VLT facade
- Is capable of supporting high density tenancies such as dealer floors
- Allows a range of tenancy fitouts
- Enables multi-tenant floors
- Sydney, NSW
- Floor area
- 40 000 m²
- Original value
- Ray Brown
- Design excellence competition 2nd place
Also in this category
- 1 Bligh Street, Sydney
- 100 Mount Street
- 11-15 Breakfast Creek Road, Brisbane
- 111 George Street, Parramatta Planning Approval
- 111 Wellesley Street
- 151 Clarence Street
- 152 Fanshawe Street
- 2 Australia Avenue Sydney Olympic Park
- 200 George Street, Sydney
- 225 Macquarie Street
- 241 O'Riordan Street
- 32 Drake Street
- 5 Eden Park Drive
- 85 Fort Street
- Albert Street Tower
- Architectus MLC Studio
- Ergon Energy Mackay Corporate Office & Workshop
- Ergon Energy Training & Development Skills Facility
- One Parramatta Square
- Patrick Corporation
- Qantas Headquarters Redevelopment
- Telecom Place
- Werrington Park Corporate Centre
- Wesley House
- Wynyard Place, Sydney