- About Us
1 Bligh Street, Sydney Planning Approval
Located in central Sydney, this new 28 level commercial office tower, designed by Architectus and Ingenhoven Architects, is set to create a benchmark in Australia for sustainable high-rise buildings and will provide an enduring presence on the city skyline.
The building achieves a 6 Star Green Star Office Design V2 rating and 5 Star NABERS Energy Rating and includes a substantial public domain area with public art and child care facility.
Architectus’ town planning role included preparation of both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Development Applications to the City of Sydney Council, in addition to subsequent planning applications for café’s and Occupational Certificates. Planning advice was also provided throughout the design, development and construction life of the project.
The planning aspects of the project required detailed analysis and justification of height, floor space, car parking, public domain interface and urban design, overshadowing and solar access, child care safety, visual impact and sustainability initiatives.
The quality of our reports resulted in the receipt of efficient planning approvals from the City of Sydney Council.
- DEXUS Property Group/DEXUS Wholesale Property Fund/Cbus Property
- Central Sydney, NSW
- Floor area
- 42 000 m2
- July 2011
- Original value
- Michael Harrison
- City of Sydney/DEXUS design competition winner
- 2011 UDIA NSW Awards for Excellence – Retail/Commercial Development
- 2011 Asia Pacific International Property Awards – Highly Commended – Office Architecture + Office Development
- 2008 Chicago Athenaeum International Architecture Award